Monday, March 9, 2015

The Key to my Knee - THIS fixed it!

As a stated in an earlier post I have struggled with pain in my knees for a long time, especially the right knee. It was bone on bone grinding, and it sounded like I was using a nut cracker. After a few minutes of riding, my toes and half my foot would go numb, and I would lose my stirrup. When dismounting I would do so gingerly, its amazing how quickly we make adjustments in how we move, which in the long term may cause other issues. Last spring and summer I tried very hard to work out, doing weight training, but found that my knee just could not handle it. When fall arrived I even had issues walking my regular three mile route. Skiing has been out of the question the last few years; I am Norwegian, we have to SKI!! I was getting very discouraged, and in January of this year I saw an Orthopedic Doctor who told me that my cartilage was pretty much gone and that I was looking at knee replacement. Not now, because I am too young for it ( I am almost 45), so I would have to wait. I was feeling pretty low.

Then one day I saw Pam Stone write about Lubrisyn HA, and she raved about what it had done to for her. I checked it out at Lubrisyn, and read all that I could find about Hyaluronan.  The science stuff here. I couldn't find a reason not to try it. When I read that I would feel a change in 7-10 days and it would cost me less than $35 (Amazon) I was in! I mean, what did I have to lose? So I made arrangements to get the stuff, and since it arrived so close to February 1st I decided to start it on that day.
Here is video of my knee on February 1st:



It sounds terrible doesn't it?

Now for my knee one month later:




After seeing that and hearing the difference, do you even wonder why I would tell the world to give this stuff a try?

I take 1 small tablespoon of the gel every day. One per day! It has a sweet taste, and its about the consistency of hair gel. After 6 days I swear I felt changes going on in my joints, it felt like they were spreading or swelling. Nothing painful, in fact so subtle that I kept questioning it. At that point I was not convinced that it was doing a thing. A few days after that, about day 8 I had some soreness in the tendons behind my right knee. Again, nothing major, just sort of "whats going on there?"
A day after that I was dismounting from riding Pippi, and I noticed that I just kind of flipped my leg over the back of the saddle and jumped to the ground. I was in shock! I was alone in the barn, and with Pippi staring at me I did some knee bends and realized that my toes were not numb and my knee just felt ........perfect! I bounced up and down, crouched and rose and smiled from ear to ear. My knee was feeling really great, or to be more accurate, my knee felt like nothing. I bent it with all my weight on it and nothing. It was fine, better than fine, it was nothing.

I have felt improvements in my hands, my other knee and neck as well. And I intend to take Lubrisyn forever. I also gave the Equine Version to Pippi, and that was great too, but that is a blog for another day.


3 comments:

  1. :) I started Riva on Lubrisyn HA last April (I actually picked up a small bottle at Rolex to give it a try after talking with the rep). Within 10 days, I could see the difference in Riva's movement and I have kept her on it ever since. Riva has some arthritis in her left front knee due to an injury as a weanling. Great product for sure!
    Also Riva is super picky about putting things in her feed and will eat around them. But the Lubrisyn, she does not even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Great results are the norm with Lubrisyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds incredible!! I'll have to read into it more. Does it work on arthritis?? My dad needs some relief from his constant pain and due to heart problems he can't take the arthritis meds anymore. I'll definitely tell him about it. Thanks! Oh and I'm so happy your knee is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.