Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pics from yesterday.


Had to start out with this great photo from last night. I was so excited when I realized that I captured Pippis sweet nature so perfectly. She was mugging for the camera to get a treat, and was hot and sweaty from our ride. She is a Beauty!

In this photo we are trotting, which is a gait that I feel very comfortable in. The new saddle is helping me keep my position and I am finally getting to the point that my hands are quiet. 
Here we are cantering, and this is where I need some work. Pippi tends to bank a bit in right lead, and so I tend to lean in. I also bounce way too much, and although stable my hands are not following like they should. Since I at this point have access to a lot of great riders, I have reached out and asked advice from them. Even sent some video snippets to one and will share the insights with you when I hear back. If you have any advice or experiences please let me know. 




3 comments:

  1. Your position is looking so good! Yes, a good saddle helps but give yourself more credit :)
    As far as the canter - I am still on that struggle bus too but will say Pippi looks counter bent in that shot which you might have been asking for intentionally. Pic are great but only catch a moment in time. Video always helps me to review and see where I most need to work.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took video and I will share that once I have some expert advice. Hope that what I learn might helo others too. You are right about the bend. Pippi is always stiff in right lead, and it is part of my struggle.
    Thanks for the compliment. Working hard and learning where I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.