Friday, June 25, 2010

My senior check list!

It is really going to happen.
Yesterday reality sort of slapped us in the face. We received in the mail a letter from our local high school, with a senior check list. It contained dates and reminders of things that needs to be done throughout senior year, so that our daughter can graduate. I wanted to throw it away. Trying not to be a complete ostrich about this, but holy crap!

So here is my senior check list:

June 24th: Start process of convincing daughter that local junior college really would be a great choice.

July 4th: go into her room while she is on vacation and try to feel what it would be like to have her not really live there anymore. Hide in bathroom while sobbing.

August : Count the end days of summer.

October: She is really a senior. Practice the "it's no so bad" mantra.

December: enjoy the pre holiday rituals with daughter around every day for the last time. Try to convince younger son to partake so he can fill in next year. (probability 50/50)

February: keep talking up our local colleges

March: start drinking heavily

April: planning graduation party, while secretly hoping she somehow does not graduate through some fluke

May: ......................OMG!

I am not one of those moms that live through my children. But I am one of those moms that really really really wants my children in my daily life. Our lives are heading towards a fork in the road, and we are going to start heading in different directions. No choice about it really, and there are sure to be so many great things to come down the pike.

When you get to the fork in the road; Take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.