Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grieving is ugly business

A friend of mine, someone I really care about and admire, recently lost a close relative. Such loss is always difficult. Sometimes the most difficult part is the disappointment in other relatives. Many people tend to show their true colors under duress, and relationships falter after such trauma. People sometimes become greedy, and selfish, and refuse to wait a while before making decisions about estates and belongings.

I still have items from my mom, and other relatives that I really don't need. But it gives me comfort. I like seeing my moms sweater in my closet, to me it proves that she was here. That she was real.

Different people handle grief differently, and at different speeds. I hope I remember that the next time.........

I am so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.