Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Oats and Vitamins at a better price.


As you may know I changed Pippis diet to all oats about a year ago, which I am very happy with. She eats two scoops per day of oats, which naturally has around 12% protein. Just ask those Quaker Oats people how great oats are! Pippi is doing great on this, and keeping her weight just fine. And it's kinder on the wallet!


My personal feelings are that if we know that eating unprocessed clean foods is best for us, then why are we feeding processed feeds to our horses? I was feeding the local feed store oats, but they were starting to be rather dusty, so I switched to Tractor Supply Oats.TSC price matches, so I am getting my 50lbs bags for the feed store price of $9.70. With this unprocessed feed I can see what I am feeding, if it looks clean (not dusty). Unlike pelleted feeds, where they can change the ingredients or amounts without you have any idea. Better read those labels.

With the oats, I feed a multi-vitamin supplement and she has lose minerals/salt. I used to buy it at TSC for $19.99 (Farnam) per month. But in my constant goal to save money I found a great alternative in Vitaflex. I now get a 160 day supply for $57.14 shipped to my house in two days for free since I have Prime Shipping.



It has the antioxidants I used to pay $30+ a month for, Magnesium, Lysine and so much more. Click link to see ingredients. I used to feed Magnesium alone and now I don't have to.

I am very happy to save money and time, and in essence getting more. So I thought I'd share...

Also I have stopped giving Pippi any joint supplement as I saw no difference in her at all. Still searching for a solution to her back issues and cycle pain. Seeing a new Vet on Friday - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.