Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Da Vinci's - Il Cavallo!



Above is the artwork by Leonardo DaVinci for a sculpture he called  "Il Cavallo." He never completed this piece, but 500 years later artist Nina Akamu did and you can read all about the process here.

The final piece is on display at the Frederik Meijer Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, MI.





Breathtaking




 That last shot really gives some perspective as to the size of this sculpture. I am in awe!

Perhaps many of you have already seen this, but I just had to share. I have always loved sculptures as an art form, although I have none at my house, and I actually come from a long line of sculpturists. (?)

What kind of horse breed do you think this is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.