Monday, April 1, 2024

I painted the Paint!

 In the last year or so I have been trying to learn how to paint with watercolors. The photo that is the backdrop to this very blog is my absolute favorite picture of Pippi. She is cantering around in the snow, carefree and wild, just exactly they way she should be. Just totally being a horse. 



Here is the journey from pic to painting:

Created the sketch
created the sketch


painted all the light colored areas first, then the trees

painted the fences

added details to trees

Finished painting


Matted and framed

I ended up being so happy with it that I framed it. Luckily I had frame and mat that fit it perfectly. 

Do you have any art you created with your horse as the muse? 



2 comments:

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.