Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Guest blog - Searching for breeches?

In Search of a Pair of Breeches? Check out the Romfh International Fullseat Breech!

I don't know if this happens to everyone else, but all my horse stuff seems to wear out at once. This year, my breeches all died so I went on a mission to find another pair. To be honest, this is a chore for me. I am very picky about my breeches.  When I find a pair and brand I like I will stick with them and not consider trying something else. However, I realized this year my preferred brand was no longer holding up to daily barn activities. For example, I get holes in the knees in a couple months. I decided that I wanted to try a new brand.As a university student, price is a concern. I want quality, but I don't want to spend 2-300$ on a pair of breeches. I also want material that is durable, washes well and can hide dirt (every time I brush a horse I seem to get covered in it!) 

Romfh clothing has been on my radar for a few months now. 
I have been envying their Sarafina white full seat breeches for shows. This breech style was a bit out of my price range for everyday breeches, so I decided to see what other styles of breeches Romfh had.  In the end, I felt that the Romfh International Fullseat breeches would be a good choice for me. This breech, at $140 US, was a more affordable price for me. The material was also advertised as cool in the summer and very durable. Reviews I had read stated that these breeches hardly ever looked dirty and came clean very easily. From pictures, I also loved the style of the international breeches (the thickness of the belt loops, the pockets, and the romfh logo locations really drew me in). There was also a wide range of colours to choose from (mocha, dove grey, black, white, beige, sesame, and dark pearl).


After careful deliberation, I decided to order a pair. As I am in Canada, I had to wait about a month and a half to receive my package. Although, a very long wait, it was definitely worth it! I love the material. It is thin enough to be cool on hot days, but thick enough that it doesn't show "everything" (you know like pesky underwear lines or the colour of your undies J). The mocha colour I ordered also hides the dirt very well and I find the colour and fit of the breeches to be very slimming.
My only complaint is that this style of breech does fit a bit tight. I would recommend buying a size larger than you normally wear. The material is very stretchy and forgiving, so after a few days of wear they have stretched and are more comfortable around the waist (of course I realize I could have avoided this mishap by trying a pair on but Romfh is not easily found in Canadian tack stores yet, and I am at least an hour from any tack shops).

Overall, I am definitely pleased with my purchase. So pleased in fact, I have another pair of Romfh breeches on the way. This time I am trying the champion style as I fell in love with the anthracite colour!

If you are looking for a quality breech with a reasonable price tag, I suggest you check out Romfh (www.romfh.com). I bet you will become a Romfh groupie too!

Thank you Samantha for that review. Always good to know what things fit like before taking the plunge. The Dressage Connection carries Romfh and you can find them here! They have just about everything you will ever need for your horse with superb (and quick) customer service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Feedback! I learn so much from hearing from readers, it is the real value of writing a blog.